Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fighting Back Against Email Spammers, Internet Hackers, and other Web Thieves

The following article resulted from my experience in dealing with
spammers, hackers, and other web thieves; during my tenure as
webmaster of InfoHQ.com for the last 10 years.

When I first started InfoHQ.com in 1998, the Internet was a safer,
kinder place. There were very few email viruses and most people
never heard of the word "firewall" unless they were running a
server. Most Internet users had only one email address and they
were not afraid to share it with others.

Five years later, the Internet is a completely different
environment. Not a day goes by that I don't receive 4 or more email
viruses, 10-20 email spams, and hacker attacks on my DSL firewall.
What happened??

http://www.infohq.com/Computer/Spam/fight-internet-hackers-email-
spammers.htm

No comments: